Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Love Letter For Jessica

Dear Brooks, What's meant to be will always find a way. I wanted to the tell you about my feelings in person but then I thought how much more personal it would be to put them down in a letter. It might seem old fashioned, but there is something special about the written word - somehow it seems a little more permanent and meaningful.

There are many things that I have been meaning to say to you but just haven't found the words until now. I feel that we were meant to cross each other's path and that we had an instant connection to each other...an unbreakable bond. I decided to put down these words because things haven't been the easiest for us lately, but the last few days have reminded me what it was like when we first met. Having fun, enjoying each other's company. I was recently thinking of you on my deck, and I honestly don't know where I would be without you, probably wandering lost and confused. You complete me and I can't imagine my life without you. Your amazing blue eyes fill my heart with warmth and soothe my soul.

I understand that you have been facing some significant challenges lately, like your Mom's sudden heart attack and conflict with you brother and it hasn't been easy on you, and that you feel you weren't able to be there for your Mom like you would have wanted. My recent challenges that I have been faced with are coping with the grief of losing my children to foster care. It has left me feeling sad, alone, isolated, angry and lost. I do not want this to have any negative impact on our relationship. Whilst we have had our challenges I am looking foward to the future, and wherever it takes us, I can only hope we travel the journey side by side. Love Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment