Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Love Letter For Jenn

Dear Pookie Muffin, What's meant to be will always find a way. I wanted to the tell you about my feelings in person but then I thought how much more personal it would be to put them down in a letter. It might seem old fashioned, but there is something special about the written word - somehow it seems a little more permanent and meaningful.

There are many things that I have been meaning to say to you but just haven't found the words until now. I feel that we are meant to be together. We need to find some common ground about the things we've been disagreeing about. I want nothing more than to grow old with you... with all of our Goodwill junk in tow. I decided to put down these words because I'm really sorry we haven't been getting along. I was recently thinking of you as I was sitting on your lap at JPS. I was so glad to be there for you during a difficult time. I felt like that was right where I was supposed to be and never wanted to let go. I loved the smell of your hair and your warmth as you hugged me. Sometimes, you look at me with those caring blue eyes and it makes me feel happy and content, like it's us against the world.

I understand that you have been facing some significant challenges lately such as, not seeing your kids much, working a lot and the loss of Spot. I know that this would be making you feel stressed and tired from being so busy. And maybe feeling left out of the girls back to school stuff. Not to mention sad and missing Spot. My recent challenge has been my lack of patience with you and the girls. I'm just needy sometimes and want to feel loved. This has left me feeling stressed and lonely, and I do not want this to have any impact on our relationship. Whilst we have had our challenges, I am looking forward to the future, and experiencing the loving relationship we had, not long ago. Love Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment